In the summer, the whole Tam Coc valley shows up as a magnificent picture with a mix of blue and yellow.
In June, the sky is clear from clouds. If you stand on the high peaks and look down, the whole Tam Coc valley will show up like a natural work of art.
Travel in Tam Coc, sitting on the boat, visitors will feel like getting into the fairy land with charming paintings, interwoven with rice fields fragrant.
The picturesque scenery of Tam Coc
In the hot summer days, away from the noise of the city, you can totally relax here for peaceful life in the countryside. To visit this place, depart from Hanoi, you can choose 2 days 1 night trip for the weekend, a tour to Trang An, Bai Dinh, Van Long,…
But if you do not have much time you can fully explore Tam Coc in its harvest season in 24 hours, with the schedule as follows:
– 7h: Depart from Hanoi, you go by car or motorbike, but you should take a motorbike to take a closer look at other tourist destinations.
- By motorbike: You go straight National Highway 1A towards Ninh Binh city. Going through the city center along Thanh Hoa road, you will notice that on the right hand side there will be a very large signpost pointing to the Tam Coc resort.
On the way to Tam Coc
- By car: You can catch the bus at Giap Bat or My Dinh (Hanoi) to Ninh Binh with the price of about 60,000 to 100,000 VND per person. Within about 2 hours, you can reach Ninh Binh city center. From here you can take a taxi or xe om to Tam Coc.
– 9h30: Present at Tam Coc, buy tickets to visit. Ticket prices in this resort are as follows: Admission tickets for adults is 120,000 VND / person, for children under 1.40 m high is 60,000 VND / person. Boat fare 150,000 VND / trip / boat.
– 10 am: Start your boat trip, to discover Tam Coc, you have only one way is by boat. Tam Coc summer is also its harvest season, visitors can just avoid the heat, relax and enjoy the nature of a peaceful atmosphere.
The name Tam Coc means “three caves”, including First cave, Second cave and Third cave. All three caves are formed by the Wu Dong River pierced through the mountains.
Inside a cave of Tam Coc
First cave is 127 m long, passing through a large mountain, and the cave is over 20 m wide. Second cave, is 1 km long, 60 m wide, Third cave near Second cave, 50 m long, cave ceiling is like a rock arch, lower than the other two caves. In the cool air of these caves, there are many stalactites hanging down with many rich shapes.
Time to go all three caves and back is about 2 hours. In 2 hours, visitors will admire beautiful scenery on both sides of Ngo Dong River. The colorful rugs show up through the green paddy fields, nine interwoven, ripe rice fields, waiting for harvest.
– 12h30: When the boat is back at the wharf at noon, you can take a nap and enjoy the beauty of the ancient capital, in which the most famous is mountain goat meat served with fire rice.
– 14h: After eating, resting, you can take advantage of the afternoon to visit the nearby places. There are attractive options for you such as:
- Leo Cave to admire the beautiful scenery of the Tam Coc’s harvest season and give yourself beautiful pictures. This is an eco-tourist destination that is suitable for those who enjoy outdoor activities.
Thai Vi temple with its unique attractiveness
- Visiting Thai Vi Temple is the place where Tran Thai Tong, Tran Thanh Tong, Tran Hung Dao, Tran Quang Khai and Queen Tran Thi Dung were worshiped. Guests can walk to Thai Vi Temple by road 2 km from Tam Coc Marina. The small temple in the middle of rice paddies will give you an enjoyable experience.
- Thien Huong cave located on the road from Ngo Dong River to Thai Vi Temple, is a dry and bright cave located in the middle of the mountain about 15 m above the ground. The unique feature of the cave is that you can stand in the cave and see the blue sky, and enjoy the cool wind, this is a special point that can’t easily find in anywhere else.
– 17h: Back to Hanoi with an interesting discovery day on the ancient capital city.