Some Useful Tips When Traveling To Vietnam
Business Hours (GMT +7)
Offices : 7:30 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 4:30 pm. Closed Sundays.
Banks : 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Closed Saturday afternoons and Sundays.
Remember to dial 177 or 171 code first when phoning home, it will reduce a flat – rate for you is of $0.7/minute. Public phones accept phone cards only. to make a call home at post offices is recommended and you will not be charged for any ++ or other kind of services. There are two biggest telecomunication companies are Vina phone and Viettel. Viettel is making in road so the cost is lowest but the network in remote areas is not as good as Vina phone.
Others useful tips:
- Taxi from Tan Son Nhat Airport to down-town Ho Chi Minh City should cost about USD 6 – 7.
- Taxi from NoiBai airport to Hanoi cost 10USD, mini bus (16 seaters) is cost $2/person but its waiting until there are number of passengers are loaded enough to cover their expenses, big public buses 45 seaters is running to centre of Hanoi every 15 minutes regardless number of passengers and is cost 2,500Dong for one ticket ($1 = 16,000 VN Dong)
- Travel agencies for backpackers are mushroomed in the old quarter of Hanoi and Pham Ngu Lao Street in Ho Chi Minh city or in some major cities, such as Sinhcafe, Queen cafe AZ, Kim Cafe,
- Fresh, unexposed film is widely available and at cheap price in most Cities. Also for other electronic items.
- It is advisable to bring an umbrella and raincoat on visits between May and December.
- Do not exchange money on the street.
- Check all valuables into hotel safes.
- Upon leaving Saigon or Hanoi, tourists should arrange to arrive at the airport about 2 hours before taking an international flight and 1 hour before taking a domestic flight.
- Emergency police: Tel: 113
- Directory assistance: Tel: 116
- International operator: Tel: 110
- Asking general information: Tel: 1080
- Hanoi airport: Tel: (04)8843389
- HCM city airport: Tel: (08)8443879