Some Basic Information About Healthy and Food in Vietnam
Vaccinations are not required.
Although there are international medical clinics in Hanoi and Hochiminh City, Vietnam still lacks adequate care for serious illnesses and injuries, or in term of health care Vietnam is not standard for developed countries. Therefore, travelling to Vietnam, we recommend you take out travel insurance before your departure.
- Emergency is to call 115
- doctorkot.com: Medical practice in Hanoi & Ho Chi Minh cities
- SOS Emergency Care in Hanoi, address: 31 Hai Ba Trung street : Tel:(04) 9340555 or 9340666 . In Ho Chi Minh city 65 Nguyen Du Street, Tel: (08)8298520 or 8298424 “meeting your health care needs 24 hours per day”
- Hanoi French hospital, 1 Phuong Mai street, tel: (04)5740740 or 5741111 (24 hour service)
- Cholon Cho Ray hospital, 201 Nguyen Chi Thanh street, Ho Chi Minh city, tel: (08) 8554137
- Columbia Asian Sai Gon Clinic, 8 Alexandre De Rhodes, Ho Chi Minh city, tel: (08)8238888
- HCM Family Medical Practice/Denitist – Diamond Plaza, 34 Le Duan Street, tel: (08)8227848
- International Medical Center, 520 Nguyen Tri Phuong street, HCM city, tel: (08)8654025
“Specialty is the food produced and cooked in the unique way of its self place” Vietnamese people are proud to offer their visitors food variety, thanks to their fertile land stretch out from the North to the South, from plains to mountains. The regions, with many different distinctive weather have created and given them variety of food. Furthermore, French and Chinese gastronomy is also be selected and modified to add up to their available food and have enriched their eating culture. Please consult you guide for food when you are visiting a place. For example, Pho, Bun Cha, hot Banh Cuon…( you can only find their real taste in Hanoi )