Cai Be Floating Market In Mekong Delta
- Type of trip: Private
- Trip Duration: 3 Days
- Starting: Saigon, Vietnam
- Finishing: Saigon, Vietnam
- Trip Grading: Regular itinerary, moderate walking, light trekking
- Destinations: Saigon – Caibe Floating market,
Description: The Mekong Delta is a unique region where life on the water has remained unchanged for centuries. Life on the delta revolves around the Mekong river, with it green expanses of paddy fields, thick orchards, and canals. It is often referred to as the rice bowl of Vietnam as it produces three harvests per year. The fertile Mekong Delta is also famous for its tropical fruits and flowers. The Delta area marks the end of a 4,500km journey made by the Mekong River after having traveled through six countries. Boating along a vast network of canals and channels is the traditional way of local people here. My Tho is known as a launching pad for boat tours.
Start early in the morning, escaping from the busy city, we have one day cruise excursion with a drive to Cai Be – Phu An around 10.00 am. The tour will start with the visit of Cai Be colorful floating market. This is lively market with vendor selling ranges of goods on boats. We will proceed by the visit of some local home factories such as rice paste making, rice pop corn, coco candies, and longans drying processing.
Cruising through the maze of canals the criss-cross the An Binh Island, we land at an ancient house. Here we taste the fresh tropical fruits of the Delta and have lunch with local cuisines.
After lunch, take a short row on local sampan, then get back on motor boat to the Nursery Garden of Mr. Tam Ho. Continue cruising to visit the Brick & pottery kiln then to Vinh Long town.
Drive back from Vinh Long town to Ho Chi Minh City.
End of our trip.
Pricing & Inclusion:
- This is a sample itinerary so the cost really depends on the number of people in your group and time of travel.
- This rate is quoted in USD per person for private tour.
- Group of 2 persons: US$ 79 per person
- Group of 4 persons: US$ 68 per person
- Please enquire for availabilities & the most updated price.