Not only known as the coffee capital of Vietnam, Buon Ma Thuot also attracts tourists by its unique cultural intercourse that not any region has.
1. Ideal time to explore Buon Ma Thuot
Buon Ma Thuot has two distinct seasons: rainy season and sunny season. The sunny or the dry season here starts from November to April. The rainy season starts from May to October. The climate of Buon Ma Thuot is relatively mild, the average annual temperature is 23 – 24 degrees Celsius.
The beauty of Buon Ma Thuot in April
For a complete exploring trip to Buon Ma Thuot, you should come in these two periods. In particular, December is the season of blooming yellow wild sunflowers and local festivals. March is the season of coffee flowers blossoming and the attractive elephant racing festival.
The way to Buon Ma Thuot
By car: In Hanoi, you buy tickets at Giap Bat bus station, it’ll cost about 700,000VND. In Saigon, travelers can buy tickets at the Eastern Bus Station, fare is about 220,000 – 300,000VND. If you depart from Da Nang, you’ll go to Bus Station for tickets at 250,000 – 350,000.
By plane: To take a flight to Buon Ma Thuot, you’ll need to fly from two major cities, Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
The center of Buon Ma Thuot city has many motels, hotels for tourists to choose from. You can find many kinds of accommodations on Ngo Quyen street, Nguyen Duc Canh, Nguyen Cong Tru, Nguyen Chi Thanh…. However, the price here is slightly higher than other areas.
4. The tourist attractions of Buon Ma Thuot
- Coffee Flower Forest: In Buon Ma Thuot, it is not difficult to find the immense coffee forests, Buon Ma Thuot has the largest area of coffee in Vietnam and are considered as the “capital” of this industrial tree. March is the time when the hills are covered with white coffee flowers, from far away, the whole coffee forest looks like being covered by the white snow, which creates a poetic wonderful scenery for Buon Ma Thuot.
The coffee flower forest in Buon Ma Thuot
- Trung Nguyen Coffee Village: This place is definitely where you can enjoy coffee with different flavors and styles. Along with this typical drink, this place is considered as a miniature museum with many details of a Tay Nguyen village with the things stick to the daily life of ethnic people here, such as the stilted houses, gong,…
Trung Nguyen coffee village
- Ban Don Tourist Center: Ban Don is an important place in Tay Nguyen tourist map. Not only the beautiful landscapes, from the forest to the majestic river or the flock of elephants, there are also special dishes such as grilled chicken, Ama Kong wine,…
- Yok Don National Park: An attractive eco-tourist destination with many domestic and foreign tourists, located in Krong Na commune, Buon Don district, 40 km northwest of Buon Ma Thuot.
Lak lake in Buon Ma Thuot
- Lak Lake: About 56 km to the South of Buon Ma Thuot city, this is the largest freshwater lake in Central Highlands and the second in Vietnam (behind Ba Be Lake). Surrounding the lake is covered by primitive forests.
5. Delicious dishes can’t be ignored
- Red vermicelli is a specialty of this city. The name of the dish originates from a bowl of vermicelli with the characteristic red color of the broth. This dish is combined with many materials such as: crabmeat, quail eggs, vegetables,…
Beef dipped in sweet and sour sauce
- Beef dipped in sweet and sour sauce, served with bread, cabbage and salad are also famous foods.
- Bamboo rice, grilled chicken are two famous dishes of compatriots in Don village. When coming here, you can enjoy these dishes in most of restaurants in Buon Ma Thuot.