Airport Transfer and Taxi Scam
Taxi scam in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City has been increasing recently. Travelers should pay much attention on making your arrangement transfer to hotel from airport from that city.
- Vietnam Food, Language And Festival
- What To Do In Hanoi
- Vietnam Geography And Xe Om – Motorbike Taxi
The most common scam is using the tricks of ”Money confusion” for people just arrive and got no ideas about local currency and value of money notes. Some taxi drivers also ask for extra of toll fees or taking people to unwanted hotels to get commissions. In order to avoid some above uncomfortable situation, please consider taking following acts:
- Read more about your airport destination such as distance to your hotel. Use your common sense to figure out how much roughly will it cost in your currency.
- Write down the exchange rates for destination currency to your currency. It helps you in calculating faster.
- Once arrival, no rush, just look around to find transportation service booth on arrival terminal.
- Purchase must be returned by receive that stated clearly the costing, inclusion and destination.
- If you take taxi from outside, make sure you agree with drivers of the destination, price, inclusion…and all written in paper (prepare a piece of paper)
- If something turn out bad, call the police or people around to get help.
- Don’t forget that westerners have a special cares from community and government, don’t worry about the attitude of drivers. They can not touch you!
And if you don’t mind to pay few more dollars, book your transfer through travel agencies (not through hotel as it is normally higher than travel agencies). Easy and peace of mind!